Detailed Nightly Plan
In sets of 5, with priorities and exposure times given. If you fall behind schedule, cut Priority 2 objects first.
Time for overheads (e.g. slewing, acquisition, read-out) assumed to be 5 minutes per target.
Time windows for blocks of five are in LST.
Target details (magnitudes, scale heights, etc.) can be found in BhBsSpring2016
Ephemeris for March 29, 2016:
- 18 degree Twilight is at 08:06 LST in the evening, and then begins at 17:07 LST in the morning. 12 degree Twilight is at 07:42 LST and then begins again at 17:27 in the morning.
07h39m: Twilight Standard Star, Feige 34 would be great here. May not be necessary, but do it anyway just in case. feige34
07h42m - 09h16m:
- J1149+2828 (Priority 1; 720s)
- J1204+1947 (Priority 1; 600s)
- J1215+3202 (Priority 2; 720s)
- J1217+2104 (Priority 1; 900s)
- J1218+2951 (Priority 2; 1200s)
09h16m - 11h08m:
- J1219+2559 (Priority 1; 600s)
- J1223+0002 (Priority 1; 300s)
- J1229+2101 (Priority 2; 1800s)
- J1230+2052 (Priority 1; 1800s)
- J1231+3719 (Priority 1; 720s)
11h08m - 12h20m:
- J1236+2837 (Priority 2; 900s)
- J1239+2937 (Priority 1; 300s)
- J1240+2746 (Priority 1; 600s)
- J1241+2909 (Priority 1; 300s)
- J1242+2126 (Priority 2; 720s)
12h20m - 13h41m:
lots of higher priority targets in next block. if you are behind, skip the Priority 2, please!!
- J1243+2842 (Priority 1; 720s)
- J1244+2939 (Priority 2; 1200s)
- J1248+0947 (Priority 1; 400s)
- J1251+3849 (Priority 1; 600s)
- J1255+0924 (Priority 1; 400s)
13h41m - 15h08m:
- J1325+2232a (Priority 1; 720s)
- J1325+2232b (Priority 1; 600s) - second of interesting pair at two different distances. Fun! Please do!
- J1341+2824 (Priority 1; 900s)
- J1344+1842 (Highest Priority, HST Target; 600s)
- J1415+3716 (Highest Priority, HST Target; 900s)
15h08m - 15h26m:
- J1413+5621 (Priority 1; 300s)
- J1420+5520 (Priority 1; 200s)
BHBs are done by 15:26 LST. Onward!!
15h26m: O'MEARA, HOWK awesome LLS. LLSJ1500+4836 2 x 1800s exposures. Need 5300 - 5320 Angstroms good coverage.
16:27 LST should be seen as hard limit. If you must cut last O'Meara exposure short then so be it.
16h27m: HAND OVER TELESCOPE TO HOWARD'S GROUP (remote room at UCB)